ahem . . . I’m back and “on notice,” after BlueGal and Grizzly Bears. That’s appropriate since I tip my hand to both for their ferocity and cunning. One can learn a lot from bears and BG.
Speaking of lessons learned, vacation taught me a few things these past weeks:
- the DogGirl lives in Toledo and works at the airport Days Inn
- there are more English-speaking people in France than in Quebec Province
- my tolerance for time traveling in a car is at a lifetime low of 14.6 consecutive hours
- being out of cell phone range for three days will pretty much guarantee that a major crisis will strike at home
- the kindness of strangers should never be underestimated
Maine was lovely, although she is a few lobsters short after our visit, and I miss the salt air of our ocean bay campsite. Still, it feels good to be home.
The crisis that turned the BigAssVan towards home a bit earlier than anticipated, will continue to be the focus of my attention for the immediate future. Blog entries may suffer. Hell, so will housekeeping, work, knitting and gardening. If you’ve been waiting for a personal email or phone call, please be patient a bit longer. Everyone in the realm of ThreadingWater is just fine and the aim is to keep it that way.
I’ll be back to rounding-up squirrels in no time.