If my mother ruled the world:
- The food pyramid would be replaced by mom’s doughnut food chart
- What? You don’t like pea soup? Eat a brown sugar & butter sandwich and go take a nap.
- Mom’s universal health care program in four parts:
- All illness can be flushed out of the body. Drink 3 quarts of water every 60 minutes, followed by a hot bath.
- No need for doctors. If you really want sound medical advice, ask a nurse who’s been retired for thirty years what you should do, then do it.
- No prescription drug coverage. “They all have side-effects. I just flush them down the toilet.”
- Maternity care: “A woman should be allowed to stay in the hospital for a week. She needs her rest.” (Yay! Mom)
- There would be no war. “What other people?”
- On quality child care: “Get outside and play. You can come in when I unlock the door.”
- On marriage: “Never do something once that you aren’t prepared to do over and over again for the rest of your life.”